Back by popular demand, the next half-day session of Maximizing the Impact of Sustainable Purchasing will be held Wednesday, June 19 at the Tides Canada building in Vancouver.
Are you committed to sustainability but unsure of how it can be realized within procurement? Take away practical tools, approaches and learn of real-world case examples in sustainable purchasing during this practical and inspiring half-day session on sustainable purchasing!
Who is this workshop meant for?
The BuySmart workshops have been designed for staff in public, private and non-profit organizations who are responsible for purchasing, sustainability or corporate responsibility in their organizations — and anyone else with an interest in sustainable purchasing and its associated social, environmental and financial benefits.
Why is this workshop useful to you and your organization?
This BuySmart workshop will show you how to leverage your purchasing power using simple tools such as scorecards and product guidelines. It can provide you with the knowledge and resources to:
- Maximize the strategic impact of your sustainable purchasing program
- Send clear sustainability performance signals to the market and enhance relationships with your suppliers
- Refine your procurement process to:
- Integrate sustainability into bid documents
- Introduce supplier sustainability performance scorecards
- Consider the different methods of evaluating supplier proposals
- Establish sustainability standards and clauses for different commodity groups
- Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure sustainable purchasing program impacts.
Have your questions answered first-hand by people with a wealth of experience in sustainable purchasing. The workshop is facilitated by Tim Reeve, co-founder of the BuySmart network and President of Reeve Consulting, along with Cora Strandberg. They will be joined by guest speakers Shelley Morrison, MBA, SCMP, CMP who is the Strategic Procurement Programs Manager at BC Hydro.
Where can I sign up?
To register, please visit maximizingimpactjun2013.eventbrite.ca.
A 20% discount is offered for organizations sending two or more participants (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
For more details, feel free to call Bob Purdy at 604-488-5355.
Register soon as spaces are limited!