Are you interested in becoming a leader in social supply chain compliance? Interested in a way to both enhance your career and help your organization stand out as a leader in corporate social responsibility?
We have just the thing! Reeve Consulting is excited to be partnering with Social Accountability International (SAI) to deliver SA8000 training August 22-26 at SFU Harbourfront in Vancouver.
SA8000 is the leading global social accountability standard for decent working conditions and labour rights. Overseen by SAI, SA8000 is an auditable certification standard system based on the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of the Child and a number of International Labour Organization conventions. Today 1.3 million workers are employed in over 2,300 SA8000 certified facilities in 62 countries.
Develop your expertise in managing CSR
The SA8000 course provides practical knowledge on the main issues of social auditing and performance, using the SA8000 management systems approach. More specifically, the training covers:
- Key concepts and background on social compliance in the supply chain and social auditing, and how they can help you improve your CSR program
- Understanding the elements of the SA8000 standard and how they can be used to enhance your supply chain efficiencies and social compliance
- Reviewing solutions that will help you overcome common compliance challenges
- Effective auditing techniques that can be used to verify your supplier’s compliance with international labour standards
- Effective methods for managing risk in facilities, or across an entire supply chain, which can result in cost savings for your organization and your suppliers
The guidance document, in-depth case studies, virtual factory tours and highly interactive group exercises allow for hands-on learning and practical application methods and tools.
The course concludes with a comprehensive exam and students who successfully pass are awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion.
Who should attend?
Targeted at a wide audience, the course has previously drawn auditors, social compliance staff, sustainability directors, brand managers, retailers, manufacturers, government officials, academics, trade union and NGO representatives among others.
Whether you’re currently employed as a social compliance auditor or aspire to be more active in this field, this training is aimed at enhancing your expertise in managing corporate social responsibility performance and supply chain efficiencies by aligning them with international labour standards.
Flickr / D'Arcy Norman
This is the only SA8000 Basic Training to be held in North America in the remainder of 2011. We encourage you to sign-up now to reserve a seat.
- Date: August 22-26, 2011 (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm)
- Location: SFU Harbourfront Centre (515 West Hastings St.), Vancouver, BC
- Price: $1995 (credit card or wire transfer accepted)
- Online registration: http://www.socialfingerprint.org/enrollment.html (enter the coupon code ‘ReeveVan2011’ and receive a discount on the Thursday night networking event – details below)
Networking Event – Thursday, August 25
Flickr / jenny downing
In conjunction with the SA8000 training, Reeve Consulting will be coordinating and hosting a dinner and networking evening on Thursday, August 25.
The evening will featuring a high-level guest speaker who will share their experience in managing a leading global supply chain compliance program. This event will provide an excellent opportunity to connect with sustainable purchasing professionals from across North America and to learn from others experiences.
Stay tuned for details as we’ll be announcing them here on our blog as the date approaches.