We’re looking for a new full-time Project Consultant based in Vancouver to assist with sustainable supply chain work.
Since 2004, Reeve Consulting has worked with clients in the public and private sector to identify their sustainability priorities and activate social and environmental opportunities in their supply chains. We are a small firm that works with big clients. We are known as thought-leaders that help clients find simple solutions to complex sustainability challenges.
- Start Date: September 2021
- Hours: Ongoing regular salaried role @ 4 days/week (32h/week)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Supervisor: Tim Reeve, President and Company Founder
- Pay: Based on experience and qualifications
We’re inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team; someone passionate about helping organizations advance the circular economy and the United Nation’s SDGs by harnessing the power of their procurement activities. We require someone with outstanding communication skills, strong attention to detail, with 2-3 years experience working on sustainability and/or procurement projects; preferably in a consulting role. Working with the company President and other Project Managers, the Sustainable Procurement Consultant supports key client work and marketing tasks for the firm.
We are offering ongoing regular employment based on a 4 day/32-hour workweek. We don’t typically work Friday’s at Reeve if we can avoid it. Candidates should have their own current laptops equipped with MS Office and a mobile phone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating client deliverables such as policies, tools, action plans, reports, presentations, etc.
- Delivering client projects on time and on budget, including developing work plans, tracking project expenses, and providing progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Supporting project meetings, note-taking, and coordinating project follow-up tasks.
- Drafting, editing and report production, including large document formatting.
- Preparing and delivering workplans with other consultants, team members, and associates.
- Preparing and facilitating workshops and presentations in-person and on Zoom.
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Organizing thought-leader interviews, note-taking and summarizing research findings.
- Leveraging communication skills to develop strong relationships with clients and partners.
- Supporting marketing, proposal writing and developing new opportunities to grow the firm.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience working in sustainable procurement, corporate ESG or supply chain.
- Post-secondary degree in sustainability, business, and/or related disciplines.
- Highly knowledgeable about sustainability, responsible sourcing and circular economy principles.
- Basic knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector organizations.
- Extremely organized and capable of managing multiple projects, deadlines and relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Basic document formatting skills and ability to produce great looking reports, tables, etc.
- Outstanding judgement and proven trustworthiness.
- Creative, curious, with a collaborative attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Independent worker and thinker.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other business software tools, including Zoom, Dropbox, CRM,
and project management tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Direct experience working as a consultant within a firm or independently.
- Experience with facilitation, presenting, and public speaking.
- Talented in developing and managing relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Strong diplomacy and ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus within groups.
- Well-practiced analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to master and teach new software applications.
- Marketing experience and ability to use digital platforms and social media to promote projects (e.g., LinkedIn, MailChimp, WordPress).
- Deep networks within the BC, Canadian or broader sustainability communities.
- Ability to work in French.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a small consultancy and offers potential for career growth. It will expose the successful candidate to in-depth work on a wide variety of projects and with a wide variety of clients.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome people from all identities, backgrounds and experiences. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application: Sustainable Procurement Consultant” in the subject line by August 19th, 2021 at 5 pm.