Are you interested in sustainable purchasing but not sure where to start? Struggling with developing the business case? Wondering where to focus resources?
Acquire the knowledge and confidence to embrace sustainable purchasing practices in your organization by joining the BuySmart Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing sustainability in BC and beyond, November 2nd for the Introduction to Sustainable Purchasing seminar. This half-day seminar will focus on the fundamentals of sustainable purchasing featuring practical insights and lessons learned from professionals in the field.
Designed for purchasing, sustainability and corporate responsibility staff in public, private and non-profit organizations, seminar topics will include:
- How to integrate environmental, social and ethical factors in the procurement process
- Key components of a sustainable purchasing tendering toolkit
- What’s needed to overcome barriers and recognize the best opportunities for sustainable purchasing in you own organization
Tim Reeve, a Co-Founder of the BuySmart Network and President of Reeve Consulting with Coro Strandberg will lead the session, joined by guest speakers Tracey Husoy, Manager of Purchasing and Risk Management, Metro Vancouver
- When: November 2, 2012, 8:30 am – noon
- Where: TIDES Canada, Hollyhock Room 304, 163 West Hastings St. Vancouver
- Cost: $125 + HST
- Register: www.buysmartintro.eventbrite.ca
Full details of the Introduction to Sustainable Purchasing seminar can be found in the event brochure [PDF].
For more information about the seminar, contact Bob Purdy by email at email@example.com phone at (604) 488-5355.