Are you struggling to figure out where to start with sustainable purchasing? Or not sure how to build the business case? Perhaps you’re wondering where to focus resources?
Gain practical knowledge and the confidence to embrace sustainable purchasing practices in your organization by joining the BuySmart Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing sustainability in BC and beyond, February 24th for the Introduction to Sustainable Purchasing seminar. This half-day seminar will focus on the fundamentals of sustainable purchasing featuring practical insights and lessons learned from professionals in the field.
Designed for purchasing, sustainability and corporate responsibility staff in public, private and non-profit organizations, seminar topics will include:
- How to integrate environmental, social and ethical factors in the procurement process
- Key components of a sustainable purchasing tendering toolkit
- What’s needed to overcome barriers and recognize the best opportunities for sustainable purchasing in you own organization
Tim Reeve, a Co-Founder of the BuySmart Network and President of Reeve Consulting with Coro Strandberg will lead the session, joined by guest speakers Amanda Pitre-Hayes and Kevin Ducharme.
- When: February 24, 2012, 9:00 am – noon
- Where: TIDES Canada, Hollyhock Room 304, 163 West Hastings St. Vancouver
- Cost: $75
- Register: www.buysmartintro.eventbrite.ca
For more information about the seminar, contact Bob Purdy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (604) 488-5355.