Join Our Team as a Sustainability and Marketing Specialist
Reeve Consulting is looking for a new co-op student to fill our Sustainability and Marketing Specialist role based in Vancouver.
We’re inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team; someone who’s enthusiastic about advancing marketing efforts and helping organizations attain their sustainability goals. We require someone with outstanding communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a passion for working on marketing and sustainability projects. Working with the company President and Project Managers, the Sustainability and Marketing Specialist will conduct marketing tasks and support key client work for the firm.
We are offering full-time employment for a 4- or 8-month co-op term based on a 5 day/40-hour work week. There is the option of a 4 day/32-hour work week if desired (salary prorated). Candidates must have their own laptops equipped with MS Office and a mobile phone.
- Start Date: January 8th, 2024
- Hours: Regular hours are 9am-5pm Mon-Friday; optional 4-day week if interested.
- Duration: 4-month Co-op Term from January 2024 – April 2024, with option to extend.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Supervisor: Tim Reeve, President and Company Founder.
- Compensation: Reeve is a certified Living Wage Employer.
- Closing Date: October 31st, 2023
- Applications: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com stating “Application: Sustainability and Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Amending and implementing the company’s marketing strategy.
- Tracking industry events and maintaining a calendar of events.
- Coordinating the submission of speaking proposals and creating speaking presentations.
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Creating marketing content; blogs, whitepapers, social media posts and newsletters.
- Managing social media platforms.
- Tracking key marketing analytics related to the website, newsletters, and social media.
- Coordinating team meetings and logistics, note-taking, and meeting follow-up tasks.
- Maintaining a current company CRM/database and preparing marketing reports.
- Supporting proposal writing and developing new opportunities to grow the firm.
- Coordinating community involvement events.
- Ad hoc tasks as instructed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in a marketing/communications Co-op program. Preference will be given to students who have completed 3rd year, or have demonstrated marketing analytics skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Ability to produce engaging blogs, articles, social media posts, and project summaries.
- Ability to use digital platforms and social media to promote projects (e.g., LinkedIn, MailChimp, WordPress).
- Knowledgeable about sustainability, responsible sourcing, and/or circular economy.
- Extremely organized and capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong document formatting skills and ability to produce visually appealing content.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other business software tools, including Zoom, Dropbox, CRM, and project management tools.
- Independent worker and thinker.
- Creative and curious, with a can-do attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Outstanding judgement and proven trustworthiness.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working in sustainability, ESG, circularity, and/or sustainable purchasing.
- Direct experience working as a consultant or advisor.
- Basic knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in other languages.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a growing consultancy and offers excellent short term learning opportunities within a high performing team. It will expose the successful candidate to in-depth work on a wide variety of projects and with a wide variety of clients.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Sustainability and Marketing Specialist” in the subject line. Applications received in any other format will not be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.