Join Our Team as an Ethical Compliance Specialist
Reeve Consulting is growing and we’re looking for a new full-time Sustainable Procurement Consultant based in Vancouver to assist with ethical supply chain work.
Since 2004, Reeve Consulting has helped the world’s biggest brands achieve their sustainability goals by advising them how to act on the social and environmental opportunities in their supply chains. We are a small firm working with large public and private sector clients, including a large number of Canada’s cities and universities, as well as three past Olympic Organizing Committees, the UN, and Asian Development Bank. Reeve is known for helping clients find simple solutions to complex sustainability challenges, high-quality work, attention to detail, and outstanding management of projects.
We’re inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team; someone who is passionate about helping Canadian and international organizations and institutions harness the power of their procurement activities to drive positive ethical and social impacts. We’re seeking someone with a minimum of 5 years of experience working on ethical sustainability and/or procurement projects, preferably in a consulting role. Our ideal candidate possesses outstanding communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and works well in a collaborative, small team environment.
Working with the company President and other Project Managers, the Sustainable Procurement Consultant manages a portfolio of client projects and relationships, contributes to proposal writing, business development, and marketing. We are offering ongoing regular employment based on a 32–40 hour work week (depending on preference).
- Start Date: December 1st, 2023, or as available.
- Hours: Regular hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri, (option for a 4 or 4.5 day/week at proportional pay)
- Duration: Ongoing / Full-time
- Location: Hybrid in Vancouver, British Columbia – Gastown Office and Home Office
- Supervisor: Tim Reeve, President, and Company Founder
- Salary: Approx. $80,000+ commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Closing Date: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Applications: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Application: Ethical Compliance Specialist” in the subject line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering client projects on time and on budget: developing work plans, tracking project expenses, and providing progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Creating client deliverables such as policies, tools, action plans, reports, presentations, etc.
- Facilitating client project and work team meetings, agenda planning, facilitating and follow-ups.
- Managing all external stakeholder engagement with client organizations, including facilitating cross-functional working groups.
- Drafting, editing, and report production, including large document formatting.
- Preparing and facilitating workshops and presentations in-person and on Zoom.
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Organizing thought-leader interviews, note-taking, and summarizing research findings.
- Leveraging communication skills to develop strong relationships with clients and partners.
- Supporting business development processes, including proposal writing and responding to RFPs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience working in responsible sourcing and/or social compliance.
- Post-secondary degree in sustainability, business, supply chain, and/or related disciplines.
- Highly knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- Responsible sourcing and ethical supply chain management,
- Modern Slavery and Canada’s Bill S-211,
- Human rights due diligence.
- Basic knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector organizations.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects, deadlines, and relationships.
- Experience with facilitation, presenting, and public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Experience developing training materials, online course content, and/or webinar facilitation.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding judgement and proven trustworthiness.
- Independent worker and thinker.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other business software tools including Zoom, Dropbox, SharePoint & CRMs.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Direct experience working as a consultant or project manager in a firm or independently.
- Knowledge of leading social compliance and/or risk management organizations.
- Experience developing due diligence systems, policies, and/or procedures.
- Experience working with private sector organizations or with private sector clients.
- Talented in developing and managing relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Strong diplomacy and ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus within groups.
- Well-practiced analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to master and teach new software applications.
- Creative and curious, with a collaborative attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Marketing experience and ability to use digital platforms to promote projects.
- Networks within the BC, Canadian, or broader sustainability communities.
- Ability to work in French or Spanish.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a growing consultancy and offers potential for career growth and ongoing learning opportunities. It will expose the successful candidate to a wide variety of projects and clients in the public and private sectors.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome individuals from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com with “Application: Ethical Compliance Specialist” in the subject line. Applications received in any other form will not be considered.