JOIN OUR TEAM AS A SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT CONSULTANT
Reeve Consulting is growing and we’re looking for a new full-time Sustainable Procurement Consultant based in Vancouver to assist with sustainable supply chain work.
Since 2004, Reeve Consulting has helped the world’s biggest brands achieve their sustainability goals by advising them how to act on the social and environmental opportunities in their supply chains. We are a small firm working with large public and private sector clients, including a large number of Canada’s cities and universities, as well as three past Olympic Organizing Committees, the UN, and the Asian Development Bank. Reeve is known for helping clients find simple solutions to complex sustainability challenges, for our high-quality work, our attention to detail, and our outstanding management of projects.
We’re inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team; someone who is passionate about helping Canadian and international organizations and institutions hardness the power of their procurement activities to drive positive environmental, social, ethical, and Indigenous impacts. We’re seeking someone with a minimum of 5 years experience working on sustainability and/or procurement projects, preferably in a consulting role. Our ideal candidate possesses outstanding communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and works well in a collaborative, small team environment.
Working with the company President and other Project Managers, the Sustainable Procurement Consultant manages a portfolio of client projects and relationships, contributes to proposal writing and business development and marketing. We are offering ongoing regular employment based on a 32–40 hour work week (depending on preference). We often don’t work Fridays at Reeve if we can avoid it.
- Start Date: As soon as available
- Hours: Regular hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri, (option for a 4 or 4.5 day/week at proportional pay)
- Duration: Permanent, F/T
- Location: Hybrid in Vancouver, British Columbia (Gastown Office)
- Supervisor: Tim Reeve, President and Company Founder
- Pay: $70,000-80,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Closing Date: Applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis
- Applications: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com stating “Application: Sustainable Procurement Consultant” in the subject line
Sustainable Procurement Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering client projects on time and on budget, including developing work plans, tracking project expenses, and providing progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Creating client deliverables such as policies, tools, action plans, reports, presentations, etc.
- Facilitating client project and work team meetings, agenda planning, facilitating and follow-ups.
- Managing all external stakeholder engagement with client organizations, including facilitation cross-functional working groups.
- Drafting, editing, and report production, including large document formatting.
- Preparing and facilitating workshops and presentations in-person and on Zoom.
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Organizing thought-leader interviews, note-taking, and summarizing research findings.
- Leveraging communication skills to develop strong relationships with clients and partners.
- Supporting business development processes, including proposal drafting.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in sustainable procurement, ESG, or consulting.
- Post-secondary degree in sustainability, business, and/or related disciplines.
- Highly knowledgeable in one of the following areas:
- Sustainability (particularly circular economy principles and carbon accounting)
- Responsible sourcing
- Indigenous partnerships
- Social and community impact
- Basic knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector organizations.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects, deadlines, and relationships.
- Experience with facilitation, presenting, and public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Experience developing training materials, online course content, and/or webinar facilitation.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding judgement and proven trustworthiness.
- Independent worker and thinker.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other business software tools including Zoom, Dropbox & CRMs.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Direct experience working as a consultant or project manager within a firm or independently.
- Experience working on Indigenous or Social Procurement projects.
- Experience working on Scope 3 emissions projects.
- Talented in developing and managing relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Strong diplomacy and ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus within groups.
- Well-practiced analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving
- Ability to master and teach new software applications.
- Creative and curious, with a collaborative attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Marketing experience and ability to use digital platforms and social media to promote projects.
- Deep networks within the BC, Canadian, or broader sustainability communities.
- Ability to work in French or Spanish.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a small consultancy and offers potential for career growth and ongoing learning opportunities. It will expose the successful candidate to a wide variety of projects and clients in the public and private sectors.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome individuals from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Sustainable Procurement Consultant” in the subject line. Applications received in any other form will not be considered.