JOIN OUR TEAM AS A SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
Reeve Consulting is growing and looking for a new full-time Project Consultant based in Canada to assist with client sustainable supply chain and sustainability-related work.
Since 2004, Reeve Consulting has worked with clients in the public and private sector to identify their sustainability priorities and activate social and environmental opportunities in their supply chains. We are a small firm that works with big clients. We are known as thought-leaders that help clients find simple solutions to complex sustainability challenges.
We are inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team—someone who is passionate about helping organizations implement sustainable supply chain programs. We require someone who has outstanding project management and communication skills, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and possesses 5 years of experience working on sustainable supply chain projects, preferably in a consulting or sourcing team role. Working directly with the company President, and liaising with colleagues and associates, the Sustainable Supply Chain Specialist supports key client work and assists with related marketing and proposal writing tasks for the firm.
We are offering ongoing regular employment based on a 4 day/32-hour workweek. We don’t typically work Friday’s at Reeve if we can avoid it. Candidates should have their own current laptops equipped with MS Office and a mobile phone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating client deliverables such as policies, tools, action plans, reports, presentations, etc.
- Delivering client projects on time and on budget, including developing work plans, tracking project expenses, and providing progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Organizing thought-leader interviews, note-taking and summarizing research findings.
- Drafting, editing and report production, including large document formatting.
- Preparing and facilitating workshops and presentations in-person and on Zoom.
- Leveraging communication skills to develop strong relationships with clients and partners.
- Supporting marketing, proposal writing and developing new opportunities to grow the firm.
- Provide mentorship to Junior and Intermediate staff, providing constructive feedback on client deliverables and supporting their professional development.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Living in and able to work in Canada.
- 5 years’ experience working in procurement and/or sustainable supply chain programs.
- Post-secondary degree in sustainability, business, and/or related disciplines.
- Highly knowledgeable about sustainability, responsible sourcing and circular economy principles.
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector organizations.
- Extremely well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects and relationships.
- Experience with facilitation, presenting, and public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding judgement and proven trustworthiness.
- Creative, curious, with a collaborative attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Independent worker and thinker.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other business software programs, including Zoom, Dropbox, and CRM systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Direct experience working as a supply chain consultant within a firm or independently.
- Deep networks within the BC, Canadian or broader sustainability communities.
- Strong knowledge of sustainability supply chain risks.
- Talented in developing and managing relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Marketing experience and ability to use social media, MailChimp and WordPress to promote projects.
- Design skills and ability to produce great-looking reports, tables, and proposals.
- Strong diplomacy and ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus within groups.
- Experience managing teams and mentoring young professionals.
- Ability to master and teach new software applications.
- Ability to work in French.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a small consultancy and offers potential for career growth. It will expose the successful candidate to in-depth work on a wide variety of projects and with a wide variety of clients.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome people from all identities, backgrounds and experiences. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
- Start Date: November 2020
- Hours: Ongoing regular salaried role @ 4 days/week (32h/week)
- Location: Remote (in Canada) or @ Vancouver, British Columbia
- Supervisor: Tim Reeve, President and Company Founder
- Pay: Based on experience and qualifications
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application: Sustainable Supply Chain Specialist” in the subject line by November 9th, 2020 at 5 pm.