Looking for Top Tier Sustainable Procurement Events?
Have you been missing the learning and networking you used to get from in-person sustainability events? The Reeve team doesn’t want you to miss out on some of the most significant upcoming events on procurement and sustainability, so, we’ve highlighted the events we’re most excited about over the next few months.
Most of these sessions would have been hosted in person but are now transitioning to online because of COVID, something we have all been adjusting to! Like us, you may find yourself signing up to online events and either not attending or finding it less valuable than in-person events but we suggest giving it another shot!
Check out these 6 upcoming events and test our tips. Don’t miss out on the learning and connecting!
Tips for Attending Online Events
Before the Event
- Create at least one learning goal and one business development/networking goal.
- If possible, identify 1-3 people, either speakers or other attendees you’d like to connect with.
- Prepare 1-3 questions in advance, knowing these may change during the actual event.
During the Event
- Ask your 1-3 questions. Adapt as required and don’t forget to mention where you are from.
- Connect with other attendees, most online events will have a chat function, so don’t forget to introduce yourself and use it.
- Make note of anyone asking questions relevant to your own work and try to connect with them through the chat.
After the Event
- Connect with the speakers and other attendees on LinkedIn to keep the conversation going.
- Summarize your main take-away’s / learnings from the event and share back with your team.
July 16: SPLC Virtual Connect
The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC) is hosting a virtual matchmaking event with a sustainability focus that offers an opportunity for buyers and suppliers to network in meaningful ways. Participants are invited to discover fresh business opportunities beneficial for all procurement professionals, whether seeking services or fulfilling the critical needs of buyers dedicated to influencing the sustainability goals of their organizations and their commitment to the good of the planet. More info and registration found here and more events found in their activities calendar here.
Aug. 25-27: GreenBiz Circularity 20
The GreenBiz Circularity 20 Conference will now be held as a free online event featuring plenaries, breakouts, tours, networking opportunities, and a solutions showcase all focussed on employing circular economy principles that navigate disruption, increase resilience, respond to shifting consumer demand and unlock new business opportunities. Sessions of interest for procurement professionals would include:
- Forging a Resilient Circular Supply Chain
- From Product to Practice: Circular Innovation from the Ground Up
- Enabling Global Circular Supply Chains in the Electronics Industry
More info and registration found here.
Aug. 24-28: NIGP Forum Annual Meeting
The NIGP Annual Forum is the largest North American educational conference for individuals in public procurement. This year, the 75th anniversary, will be offered online and feature over 50 procurement-focussed sessions, keynotes, networking, virtual happy hours and more.
We would encourage you to bring a sustainability lens and ask questions to every session you attend; these sessions caught our eye as particularly relevant for sustainable procurement:
- From Cradle to Grave: Procurement is Just the Beginning
- Practical Steps to Move Procurement from a Back-Office Function to a Strategic Business Partner with Internal Departments
- Social Responsibility! Why?
More info and registration found here.
Sept. 29-30: World Circular Economy Forum
Finland, the Netherlands, and Canada are joining forces for this year’s World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF) online. Circular economy change-makers from around the world will share practical circular economy examples that will help us rebuild our economies stronger, greener and better! The Recycling Council of Ontario is set to host a side event on circular procurement alongside WCEF. More info and registration found here.
Two additional WCEF events will be held on April 15, 2021, in the Netherlands and online as well as September 13 – 15, 2021, in Toronto, Canada.
Oct. 5-9: SCC National Conference
Supply Chain Canada’s (SCC) 2020 National Conference and Fellow Awards Gala will focus on visibility, transparency, and innovation. Attendees will hear from expert speakers, discuss the latest topics in supply chain, discuss best practices, and build their network. More info and registration found here.
Oct. 20-22: FCM Sustainable Communities Conference
Municipalities are at the forefront of Covid response and sustainable development, and the function of procurement plays a large role in enabling this. The FCM Virtual Sustainable Communities Conference theme this year is Bringing Projects to Life, where delegates will explore fundamental issues and solutions for building sustainable communities. More info and registration found here.
Don’t forget to grab a beverage, turn your video on, and we’ll see you all there!