Join our team as a Sustainability Project Consultant
Update: The position has been filled.
Reeve Consulting is growing and looking for a new part-time Project Consultant to assist with client sustainable supply chain and sustainability-related work.
Since 2004, Reeve Consulting has worked with clients in the public and private sector to identify their sustainability priorities and activate social and environmental opportunities in their supply chains. We are a small firm that works with big clients. We are known for keeping things simple, developing high-quality work and delivering results.
We’re inviting a highly motivated individual to join our team in Downtown Vancouver, BC; someone who is passionate about helping organizations implement environmental and social impact programs. We require someone who has outstanding communication skills, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and possesses 2-3 years experience working on sustainability projects; preferably in a consulting role. Working directly with the company President, and liaising with a network of associates, the Project Consultant supports key client work and assists with related project coordination tasks for the firm.
We’re offering a 9-month contract with the potential for ongoing employment and/or extended hours depending on company needs and candidate interest. Candidates should have their own current laptops equipped with MS Office and a mobile phone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching sustainable supply chain trends, best practices, and related issues.
- Creating client deliverables (policies, tools, plans, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Organizing thought-leader interviews, note-taking and summarizing research findings.
- Drafting, editing and report production, including large document formatting.
- Supporting project meetings, note-taking, and coordinating project follow-up tasks.
- Preparing and delivering work plans with other consultants, team members, and associates.
- Tracking project expenses and managing online/hardcopy documents and files.
- Supporting marketing, proposal writing and developing new opportunities to grow the firm.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a sustainability or environmental role (f/t or p/t).
- Post-secondary degree in related sustainability, environmental or planning discipline.
- Highly knowledgeable about sustainability, responsible sourcing and circular economy.
- Basic knowledge of procurement processes within private and public sector organizations.
- Extremely well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects and relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full English fluency.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding ability to exercise judgement at all times and proven trustworthiness.
- Creative, curious, with a collaborative attitude and problem-solving working style.
- Independently-motivated worker and thinker.
- Proven skills with MS Office and other programs (Zoom, Dropbox, CRM).
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Direct experience working as a consultant within a firm or independently.
- Deep networks within the BC, Canadian or broader sustainability communities.
- Strong knowledge of public procurement and supply chain risks.
- Talented in developing and managing relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Ability to master and teach others new software applications.
- Well-practiced analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Marketing experience and ability to use social media platforms to promote projects.
- Basic design skills and ability to produce great-looking reports, tables, and proposals.
- Strong diplomacy and ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus within groups.
- Ability to work in French.
This position offers a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the inner workings of a small consultancy and offers the potential for career growth. It will expose the successful candidate to in-depth work on a wide variety of projects and with a wide variety of clients globally.
Reeve Consulting knows that diverse teams are strong teams. We welcome people from all identities, backgrounds and experiences. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter to email@example.com with “Application: Project Consultant” in the subject line by September 20, 2019 at 5 pm. Applications received in any other form will not be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries.